Chris Andrews wrote:
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 02:51:22PM +0100, Jasper McCrea wrote:
What are the various shakespeare -> strange genre adaptations? I can only think of Forbidden Planet offhand.

There's also 'From A Jack To A King' by the same author, with the same
music and cheesy modified Shakespearean dialogue: 'Beware the ids that
march', I ask you.

Tom Stoppard's _Fifteen Minute Hamlet_ comes to mind, as well as does _Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead_. I haven't seen the filmed version of the former, but the staging of it I saw was great.

It's a pity Stoppard isn't more consistant in his writings, there's a world between _Brazil_ or his best plays such as _The Real Inspector Hound_ and say, _Shakespeare in Love_ or _The Russia House_.

http://www.imdb.com/Name?Stoppard,+Tom

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/