Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I hate to say this but, frankly, this is not (imho) a pure perl
> application. I have spent quite a bit of time fiddling around with perl
> as webserver type thing and done some benchmarks.

Me too!

I coded a few Perl implementations of the servers from Comer & Stevens
[0]. The experience was extremely frustrating as performance stank and
under high load zombies always became a problem, whatever reaping code I
used. I guess reaping is just fragile under high load.

There doesn't seem a sensible reason to code a web server in Perl. It's
going to be slower than apache and is likely to break under pressure.

--nwetters

[0] http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/013260969X/