Raf wrote:
Thank you for making me confront my ego.  I moved the breakpoint to
TIEHASH and discovered that a method called by my constructor was not
actually doing what it was supposed to.  Thus the hash never got tied and
STORE never got called.  Considered and dismissed that early on, assuming
that I'm always right and that the debugger needed debugging.  Very silly.

Always assume you're the problem. :-)

<http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/cgi-local/pragprog?SelectIsBroken>

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |