On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:

> In the case where an application is written poorly so that it grabs the
> sequence number and spends time on $OTHER_TASK before performing the
> actual insert other database clients will suffer delays wont they or does
> the method used allow breaks in the sequence?

I'll get my coat - a quick check of the FAQ informs me that sequence
breaks are indeed the solution used for this.

For some applications that would be a bad thing but not that many I
suppose.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/                   Sign up now