On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Alex McLintock wrote:

> The problem I have is that I can't see how to build up more complicated
> queries such as
>
> give me the first one hundred book titles
>
> Now I am using MySQL which I don't think can limit the number of records
> returned... but I do have a title number so I could try to do something like

Yes it can. From the manual:

SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 100;  # Retrieve first 100 rows

or

SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 5,10 # Rows 6-15

The syntax is LIMIT offset, max_rows_to_return

The MySQL manual is very good.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/                   Sign up now