This came up when I was playing with a module that expected to read some
text from a file when I was actually trying to make it use the text in a
string. This seemed simple but I've not yet found a way to do.

My question is whether it is possible to make a string act enough like a
filehandle so that you can read from it and print to it? If it is
possible, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Or am I trying to do something fundamentally wolly-headed and broken?

Ali

(I apologise if the shock of me asking an actual Perl question is too
great, I'll try not to do it too often)
--
Ali Young
[EMAIL PROTECTED]