A client of mine is thinking of buying a datafeed from a third
party supplier.

As part of the way that this feed works, there is an application
that writes the data into a database. This app is written in
VB and assumes that the database it is writing to is MS SQL Server.

Now we don't like MS SQL Server. We don't want to have to buy
a license for it when we have a perfectly good Oracle database
running on Solaris.

So what we're looking for is an application that can sit between
the VB app and the Oracle database, translating the ODBC/SQL
Server calls to Oracle API calls. It needs to look like an SQL
Server to the VB app and then actually put the data into Oracle.

Anyone know of anything that does this?

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

"Let me see you make decisions, without your television"
   - Depeche Mode (Stripped)