I'm on the verge of buying a fancy new heart rate monitor watch which
lets you download recorded exercise sessions to your computer.
Amongst various googling search terms, I tried the search terms
"linux" and "x6hr" together[0]:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+x6hr&btnG=Google+Search

Imagine my surprise when, below the links for the geek.com review,
came a whole load of utterly irrelevant links to formulaic URLs such
as

  http://www.toys-toddler-activity.com/tempurpedic_lopez.html

These pages all supposedly contained both search words, but upon
visiting, contained neither.  It seems that someone has registered an
enormous number of domains, and has somehow conned google into
thinking all these pages are relevant to many searches which they are
not.  Running a WHOIS query on any of these domains yields:

[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.parava.net]
[Querying whois.parava.net]
[whois.parava.net]

Can anyone explain?

Adam

[0] Incidentally if anyone has thoughts on the Suunto X6HR or other
    high end HRMs (Polar 820/720, HAC4 etc. etc.) I'd be interested to
    hear them.