* Dave Cross ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> From: Damon Davison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 8/6/03 2:50:21 PM
>
> > On Wednesday 06 August 2003 16:38, Dave Cross wrote:
> >> I think that you're confusing us with ny.pm. We do
> >> actually like to think that Perl discussion is encouraged
> >> here.
> >
> > Didn't Gabor Szabo mention at YAPC::Europe that even with
> > London.pm's average of 800 list messages a month,
> > Israel.pm's list average of 200 still had more posts about
> > Perl?  (I hope I'm not making up these numbers...)
>
> Oh that sounds quite likely. I'm just contrasting us with ny.pm
> where Perl discussion is explicitly barred from the mailing list.

Hopefully DHA can pop up and clarify this. I believe that discussion
about Perl is ok as long as it also involveds
beer/whisky/whiskey/bourbon. The only thing I can recall seeing
actively discouraged was whining about people discussing
beer/whisky/whiskey/bourbon. I really should resubscribe soon.

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/
                                   jabber://[EMAIL PROTECTED]