* Shevek <shevek at anarres.org> [2003-08-15 12:39]:
> The effective halfway house, which does produce a good but fast
> sandbox, is to parse the thing properly, generate a parse tree, then
> emit guaranteed clean Perl code from the parse tree, and eval that.

This is how the Template Toolkit does it too, using a grammar generated
using Parse::Yapp rather than Parse::RecDescent, with a custom parser.
The nice thing about this approach is that you don't need Parse::* to
run the code, which makes it more easily distributable.

(darren)

--
I look for what needs to be done.... After all, that's how the
universe designs itself.