On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 06:36:59PM +0100, Kirk Bowe ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> The application is an existing (working prototype) web-based campaign
> marketing tool which among other things processes both outbound and
> inbound email and text messages.
>
> Principal requirements: you will be need to become conversant with the
> existing Perl / mod_perl / DBI code and overall approach, bring some
> aspects of the coding (e.g. module structures, object method
> approaches) up to professional standard (it was and is a working
> prototype), add two new system features to quite precise requirements,
> and / or other similar work if required. You will be working under the
> direction of the original developer who will provide guidance and
> specific tasks throughout. This 3 month post is on-site at our central
> London office. No international / teleworking possible (although a
> percentage of working from home may be allowed over the time period).
>
> Required skills: (need to be strong on all of these) Perl, Apache,
> mod_perl, Template::Toolkit, DBI, DB transaction coding (ie commit /
> rollback), PostgreSQL, knowledge of Postfix and simple Procmail (no
> complex recipies required in Procmail), general appreciation and
> knowledge of Linux performance tuning.
>
> Desired skills: experience of interfacing with professional SMS
> gateways in both directions. Appreciation of web-based user interface
> design. Technical documentation skills.
>
> Terms of employment: independent contractor, project based, full-time
>
> Duration: 3 months maximum
>
> Rate: 3,000 GBP per month
>
> Location: on-site, central London office (near Euston Station)
>
> Contact: please reply to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] as soon as
> possible with your CV, or any general queries. Please contact within
> 48 hours of this posting as we may need to seek alternative routes if
> we have not sourced a developer in this timescale.

Kirk,

My CV is at <http://mag-sol.com/CV/Data/>. I'm available to start in
four weeks time and I hope you'll see that I've got plenty of
experience in most of the skill areas that you are looking for.

My only problem is with the rates you are quoting. As a contractor
my minimum rates would be 250 GBP/day (which is half of what I'd
usually expect to get). That comes out at about 5000 GBP/month.

Your project sounds very interesting, so I hope there is some
flexibility in your rates.

Cheers,

Dave...

--