Steve Keay [EMAIL PROTECTED] quoth:
*>
*>I've heard lots of people say "leave the system perl in place" and
*>that makes good sense to me, but,
*>
*>in the past I've had trouble while installing modules because the
*>scripts they use for installation end up running /usr/bin/perl and it
*>screws up the installation.  My workaround was to temporarily symlink
*>/usr/bin/perl to the target version's binary.  Lamentably I can't cite
*>the exact circumstances, but ever since I've shied away from having
*>multiple perl installations where possible.  Undoubtedly this is a bug
*>in the module(s) concerned, but even so...

Well, it's a bug in the Solaris installation, really. :) The Solaris
perl not only will ask for and try to demand you have the forte cc but
will also not allow non-root users to install private libs. The latter was
only around in Solaris 8 and due to a config error that Alan fixed for 9
and 10. Moving installations about and having multiple versions is
something leaves noone unscathed.

e.