On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Philip Newton wrote:

> No idea what ARJ is doing these days. They still seem to be around
> as a company (and have a better format called JAR, apparently) [...]

JAR? No relation to the Java archive format, is there?

I thought that Java's JAR files were just Java-tARballs.

Now you have me wondering if that's actually true.

--
Chris Devers      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

ALU, n.  [Arithritic Logic Unit or (rare) Arithmetic Logic Unit.]
A random-number generator supplied as standard on all computer systems.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995