On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 02:44:25PM +0100, Shevek wrote:

> This whole chained accessors thing is a definite perl-ism and will do you
> no favours with people for whom Perl is not a primary language.

I see similar method chaining in Java.

poing = foo.convert_to_bar().do_stuff_to_object().convert_to_string();

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell  |  http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    I often think that if we Brits had any gratitude in our hearts, we
    would put up a statue to Heinz Guderian - who probably saved us from
    ruin by booting our Army off the continent before we could do
    ourselves real harm.
       -- Mike Stone, in soc.history.what-if