On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 02:49 am, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

"Steve" == Steve Purkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Steve> Hi all,
Steve> With the help of others, I've been bashing out an 'accessors' pragma[1]:

Steve> use accessors qw( foo bar baz );

Steve> There are two popular styles of accessor I'd like to support:

Steve>       # classic:
Steve>       # chaining:

Don't forget:

# previous value (ala umask/select)
# success/fail condition

Yeah, Shevek pointed those and others out - the reason I've discounted them is down to popularity. Again, there's no reason accessors.pm couldn't be extended to support them, but feature creep is on the list of things to avoid so they'll be out by default.

-Steve