On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:00:09AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:

> 1/ Would you be interested in coming to an all-day Perl workshop?

Yes.

Provided I could sneak out of the talks I found less than interesting
and hack other stuff. Hence it would be useful to have external
connectivity at the venue

> 2/ Would the workshop need to be on the weekend?

No, but it would help.
Being able to have a hang over the next day would help
We might also be able to get foreign visitors that way (from distant places
such as the home counties)

Then again, having it on a weekday could be construed as "training" and
not count as holiday, for people with employers who are amenable.

> 3/ Would you consider paying for the workshop?

Yes

> 4/ If you would consider paying, how much would you pay?

I think it depends on what was to be included in the money.
venue
      + tea
            + food

I suspect that venue or venue + hot drinks would be the only viable
combinations. I'd hope less than £20.
I'd also hope that the sums involved would be small enough that a
corporate sponsor could be found.

> 5/ Do you have any ideas about appropriate venues?

Perfect venues would have

1: somewhere dark to actually do the presentation
2: somewhere with fresh air nearby to escape the presentation pit
   (and mains to recharge flagging laptops, and external connectivity)
3: somewhere else to send the smokers
   (not that I don't mind smokers as long as I am upwind of them)
4: drinks and toilets on hand
5: food outlet(s) nearby
6: hopefully some booze, or be prepared for use to bring tinnies
   should we so wish

No, I don't know of any.

Nicholas Clark