Hello to the many Mongers of Perl and their associates :0

The London Perl Workshop is now less than 6 days away and as the tension mounts, and my fingernails get short, I thought I'd write to you all with some last details.

Technology:
We will be attempting to record the talks this year so that they may be suitably displayed on the internets for all those unable to come. We have -just- about enough cameras but if anyone wants to share some of the load please let me know asap and we can add you in (cameras, volunteer camera operators). Also if you have a tripod for a camera (but not a video recorder) we may need your help (if you happen to have radio mikes, vcr and a production board that'd be lovely :) ). Let me know today/tommorow.

Speakers:
I will be putting a page on the Wiki for you to add links:
http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2008/wiki?node=SpeakersLinks
Please fill this with links to your slides/presentations that you want people to look at before and after the conference, fill in your own name and details of presentation - try to do this in alphabetical order of last name please.

Attendees:
Could you all make sure that if you are going to attend you sign up to the event on the website by 12.00 Wednesday. I will be generating a list from this and will need it as:
a. Part of the Fire regulations
b. If I make childish kindergarden stickers with balloons and your names on them :)

Stands:
There (should/will/has)+(be/been) a stand from O'Reilly at the conference where we have been promised a 35% discount, so come prepared to go away with a plethora of dead tree trinkets. There will also be a stand representing ActionAid (who will also be giving a lightning talk). Investor Dynamics are graciously sponsoring a raffle, and for those of you who have not seen the news page there are some great prizes (Canon 1000D/Acer Aspire Netbook/Ipod Nano 16gb/10 fantastic SC T-shirts), you'll be able to buy tickets throughout the day and the raffle will be held in the evening. IDL will also match the first £600 we raise on the day.

Beerage:
As last year Venda are leading the way towards sponsoring an after-the-event drink by placing a sum of money behind the bar. If you work for a company who would also like to do the same and add to the 'pot', then let me know and I will arrange details.

Looking forward to seeing you all there and now back to the minutae of my existence.

Mark

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)              |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director                   |  Shadowcat Systems Limited