On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 07:01:33PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 06:42:14PM +0000, James Laver wrote:
> > going bust but it's still going (albeit somewhat wounded). On the other
> > hand, the PHP market is brilliant, just for the most part it pays pretty
> > badly (and you have to work with PHP...).
> And, as conversations on IRC seem to be suggesting, you sometimes have to work
> with the things designed by people who self-taught themselves programming with
> PHP.
>
> Not that there isn't crack out there in the world of codebases written in
> Perl.

I think sometimes I'd rather work with code that is just plain bad
because it's written by self-taught PHP-heads, than code that is a
crawling horror because it's written by terribly clever C or perl
people.

This week I am mostly hating the source code for wget.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

PLEASE NOTE: This message was meant to offend everyone equally,
regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, politics, choice
of beer, operating system, mode of transport, or their editor.