On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Robin Berjon <ro...@berjon.com> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2008, at 13:56 , Paul Makepeace wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Fahad Khan <fahad.a.k...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In my baby perl.
>>>
>>> sub intersect
>>> {
>>>  my ($a, $b) = @_;
>>>  my ($c, $d) = ({}, []);
>>>  foreach (@$a) { $c->{$_}->[0]++}
>>>  foreach (@$b) { $c->{$_}->[1]++}
>>>  while( my ($k, $v) = each %$c ) {
>>>      my ($i, $j) = @$v;
>>>      for(my $x=0; $x < ($i < $j ? $i : $j); $x++) {push @$d, $k}
>>>  }
>>>  return $d;
>>> }
>>
>> Do not apply for a job with that code :-)
>
> Not that I'm hiring or that I can't see issues with the code above, but the
> guy did state he had "baby perl" and then posted his proposed solution to a
> list famous for being full of Perl luminaries. Curiosity, guts, willingness
> to learn — that's a CV I'd look at.

Fair enough, and not the place to make comments. I think I've just had
one too many interview candidates in recent memory who have named
their functions "func" and used variable names like "foo", "bar", etc.

Free interviewer's hint: DO NOT DO THIS.

P, who does his best to objectively review the rest of the candidate's
efforts, but by god, it can be hard sometimes...