On 14 Apr 2009, at 18:16, Matt Lawrence wrote:

Jasper wrote:
Adrian and I had a tiny chat about this in work, and he decided that
subs that return a scalar should return undef explicitly (if they are
just returning), and those that return a list should return.

At the time I thought it seemed very sensible, but I'm on the fence again.

Difficult to retroactively enforce, at any rate.

Most of the time just returning does what you expect, it's false in every context and undef in scalar context.

And fails PBP for exactly the confusion in previous mails. Plain
return is Just Wrong. Be explicit.

--
Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: daveh...@hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620