On May 19, 2009, at 7:22, Paul Johnson wrote:

The way I do this is to build perl and all the modules I need on the
development machine.  Then I package up the whole lot as a single
package.

The big failure in this is that you can only have "one version" of stuff. One developer experimentally wants to try a new version of Foo::Bar? Too bad. Want to deploy two versions of your app on the same box (prod/stage running as different users). Too bad. One developer debugging an older version of the application that a partner is using? Too bad.

Perl modules are part of your application; not of the system.

  - ask