On 11 Jun 2009, at 14:34, Ben Evans wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to Leon and Billy for organising last night's tech meeting.

Wholeheartedly seconded. I had a great time.

It was really good to hear such a diverse range of talks, and it's kick-started some very useful discussions for my own project. It was also great to meet some new people from different languages (and catch up with some people I haven't seen for ages!)

I felt that the multiple groups nature of the meet added a lot relative to a l.pm techmeet. There was a really good atmosphere. Of course I should've known that delivering an E4X talk to the ex- Fotangoites would result in me having my ear bent about how crap it is, but I enjoyed it. Particularly I enjoyed being sent jerakeen's slides from his E4X talk in 2006, which were embarrassingly better than my own.

My slides are here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/973503/dyn_langs_bcs_2009-06.pdf

http://www.fysh.org/~joel/e4x%20primitive%20xml.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/joelbernstein/e4x-primitive-xml

If somebody can suggest a Slideshare tag / grouping for these it'd be great. Somebody suggested pronEtworking would be appropriate given the BCS' name for the event.

Let's have another one later in the year!

Yay!

/joel