> Ovid publiustemp-londo...@yahoo.com wrote:

> On the off chance that anyone here is interested, I thought it would be fun
> to produce a small parody of the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads. Basically, it
> would be a series of video shorts along the lines of "I'm Java/I'm Perl",
> "I'm Ruby/I'm Perl", etc. All in good fun, of course :)
>

> I don't think my Web cam provides *quite* the video quality I'm looking for
> :) I can do the the script writing (example: http://vimeo.com/1424008) and
> the video editing (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3-ZUagzrjw), but
> if others want to chip in, that would be awesome.
>
> Would anyone be interested in working with me on this project, or perhaps
> make it a "Sponsored by London.pm" thing? I already have ideas for small
> sample scripts for a number of languages (one has a Java programmer in a
> straight jacket bragging about how he's never poked himself in the eye).
> Volunteer actors would be welcome, too.

Interestingly, I am planning to go to the Metropolitan Film Schools Weekend
intensive/intro weekend in September (www.metfilmschool.co.uk) as part of
preparation for a longer term project I am working on so would be quite
interested in getting some practice in. Apparently "Red Camera"s are all the
buzz in the film schools at the moment, however I'm not about to cough out any
money at this stage...

Chris

PS I'm doing a one mile swim at Weymouth on August 9 on behalf of the British
Heart Foundation. If anyone fancies sponsoring me, please go to
http://original.justgiving.com/chrisjack

Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/