Hi all,

I'm flattered to have been chosen to follow in the footsteps of Leo
and London.pm's previous leaders.  Thank you, Leo, for all your work
over the past year and a bit.

As an established group, London.pm already has several people
successfully fulfilling various roles.  I aim to help these people (I
won't try to name you all because I'll forget someone) continue to do
a great job, and encourage others to pursue unfilled roles they care
about.

I look forward to helping anyone in or near London with an interest in
Perl make this group welcoming, informative and fun.

I hope to see lots of you for drinks and pleasant conversation on
Thursday.

Tom