On 31/08/12 23:09, Denny wrote:
Hi Rick,

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 11:16 +0000, Rick Deller wrote:
I have brought  a couple of books on the subject which I'm reading through

I'm very keen to learn more and how to do it

Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?

As well as Mark's suggestions, I can personally recommend the Perl
courses run by Dave Cross from this group.  I did one of his
intermediate courses a few years back, and he's just recently started
doing more beginner and cross-training courses if I recall correctly.

His website is http://mag-sol.com/ - it doesn't look like he's got any
dates coming up in the immediate future, but there's a mailing list you
can subscribe to.

That's because I've been rather neglecting that web site in favour of my new "Perl School" brand - http://perlschool.co.uk/.

There's a "Modern Perl for Non-Perl Programmers" course coming up on October 6th. I'll also be running an OO Perl tutorial at the London Perl Workshop.

Cheers,

Dave...