On 11/20/2012 11:00 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
Quoting Uri Guttman <u...@stemsystems.com>:

in that vein you should also mention matt's scripts. evil code but
they helped perl gain massive numbers of users. many were kiddies but
some actually learned perl.

Yes. I'm well aware of the effects of Matt's scripts. In fact I think I
may have already mentioned that in this very discussion.

you did but i didn't see that before i posted. the number of posts about matt's crap on usenet was enormous. it took the community way too long to rewrite them in clean safe code. that archive is now also forgotten as no one seems to mention them in the age of modern perl and such.

uri