On 22 Nov 2012, at 12:19, Abigail <abig...@abigail.be> wrote:

> A community thing that hasn't been mentioned yet: conference auctions.
> (Isn't London.pm still "suffering" from the outcome of an auction in 2001?)

I consider it an interesting quirk. Interestingly the PHP and python meetups in
london all pick the first thursday of the month, so if one were so inclined,
one months where the first thursday after the first wednesday of the month
comes out to mean the 8th, if one were to miss the orthodox social, one could
attend the group for another language and the heretical social in one month.

I, of course choose to attend the orthodox social where possible.

/j