I've got a Kindle Fire, a Kindle Fire HD and most of the rest (I do publishing
tech for a living, it's an occupational hazard).

Given the choice between my Nexus 7 and my Kindle Fire HD, the Nexus 7 wins
every time. The best eBook app on it (BlueFire probably) is as good a reading
experience as the Kindle. The Kindle app is as good as Kindle. The Kindle fire
weighs a ton, uses battery quicker than the Nexus 7 and is nothing like as
comfortable to hold. Having said that the iPad mini feels better in the hand
than the Nexus 7.

nic