I seem to have forgotten to spread the word here about the upcoming ITMegaMeet in Bristol, but better late than never.

This event is a free one-day conference with speakers invited from all of the local technical user groups, with the aims of making those groups more visible to potential members, and getting people from different disciplines together. We have talks lined up on Perl, Ruby, Javascript, Scrum, testing, UX, CouchDB, Scala, RPM, CERN's LHC and more. The schedule is getting almost full to bursting now, but we still have room for lightning talks, so if you want to present as well as listen, let me know.

For your no money, you also get fed at lunch time and at the after party, where there's an open bar and DJ. I know that a few London.pmers attended the first one last year, and they can hopefully back me up on it being a worthwhile trip.

Although it's free, you do have to register in advance, with the deadline being this Friday. More information and the registration form are on the website: http://bristol.itmegameet.co.uk/#a_pmh1wheel

I hope to see some of you there,

Peter