On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:59:57AM +0100, Chris Jack wrote:

> Can I suggest you consider including some rudimentary idea of "cost" when
> you're deciding whether to allow the query to run or not. "Cost" could be in
> terms of anticipated rows returned and/or total anticipated CPU time.

See CPAN::ParseDistribution::Unix for an example of running
user-supplied code in a Safe compartment with a timeout. It may be a bit
overkill for your purposes, especially if you've got your own
parser/interpreter.

And obviously it's no good if you need to support legacy platforms.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

There is no one true indentation style,
But if there were K&R would be Its Prophets.
Peace be upon Their Holy Beards.