> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Nov 28 14:40:45 2000
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:  LPRng: Problem with multiple copies
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:24:59 -0500
>

> Hi, Sorry to bother you directly, but I thought you could have a fast
> answer to  a problem I am having with  lprng.
>
> I am using the latest version of lprng with the latest version of
> samba in a Red Hat linux 6.2 server.
> I have set up several printers on the Linux server using Linksys
> printservers and Samba to share the printers with the Windows  95/98
> Clients - the idea is to print from Windows 95/98 apps (like excel).
>
> Everything works fine when printing  one copy of any document from
> Excel, but when I try to print two copies of a document from Excel -
> lprng only prints one copy and the other copy (that looks like a
> different job) stays on the print queue, holding back every other job
> sent to that queue.  The only way right now for me to print the second
> copy is to manually restart the lpr daemon.  The problem does not
> happen with other Windows apps.  They present the multiple copies as
> one job to Samba, but  excel is splitting the copies in multiple print
> jobs.
>
> do you know a way of fixing this problem ?   Do I have to add  some
> switch to the lpr command called from samba ?

No,  sorry.  I am unable to duplicate this with Office 2000...
What version are you running?

> Thanks,
> Juan Carlos Vergara

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)