Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade an older lprng installation to LPRng-3.8.0.
I keep getting this error message when I'm trying to print from
workstations:

Read_file_list: cannot stat required file '/etc/lpd.conf' - No such file
or directory

The server runs Solaris 6, workstations Solaris 8. We don't run lpd on the
workstations. I put require_configfiles@ and
force_localhost@ in lpd.conf, didn't help. 

I'm grateful for any help - please let me know if there's anything else
you might want to know about my installation.

Best regards,
Johan Bengtsson (tired sysadmin).
-- 
http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~elijah/



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST BE A LIST MEMBER IN ORDER TO POST TO THE LPRNG MAILING LIST
The address you post from MUST be your subscription address

If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to