David -

Let's take Tony's example test case.

A large network is partitioned and heals. As a result I now have 1000 LSPs
which need to be flooded.

Let's suppose on most links/nodes in the network I can support receiving of 500
LSPs/second.
But on one link/node I can only support receiving 33 LSPs/second.

This means we are at risk for part of the network converging the LSPDB in 2+
seconds and part of the network converging the LSPDB in 33+ seconds.

Having the means for the node which only supports 33 LSPs/second to signal its
"upstream neighbors" to not overflow its receive queue isn't going to help
network convergence.

That's all I am saying.

   Les