Hi Alvaro,

On 3/23/20, 5:17 AM, "Peter Psenak" <ppse...@cisco.com> wrote:

    Hi Alavaro,

    On 20/03/2020 19:23, Alvaro Retana wrote:
    > On March 20, 2020 at 10:34:59 AM, Peter Psenak wrote:
    >

    > Peter:

    >>> Please write that then.
    >>
    >> there are many MSDs defined already, are we going to write that the new
    >> MSD type is not interacting with any other MSD each time we define a new
    >> one?
    >
    > Yes, when they could be related, we are.  More importantly, the reason
    > why the will not interact, which is what Acee’s text points to.

    honestly I do not see a reason to say that they do not interact. Because
    if I use your logic I would have to mention hundred other node
    capabilities that ERLD-MSD is not interacting with. My logic is that if
    something interacts it needs to be specified, if it does not, it does
    not need to be.

I agree. It seems like a slippery slope to specifically call out protocol
elements which not related from a protocol standpoint.

    > BTW, according to the registry there are only 2 MSDs defined:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/igp-parameters/igp-parameters.xhtml#igp-msd-types

    there are more defined for SRv6 - draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-06.

    thanks,
    Peter