Hi Huaimo

Thank you for answering my questions.

Replies in-line

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:25 PM Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@futurewei.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gyan,
>
>     Thanks much for your comments and suggestions. My answers/explanations
> are inline below.
>
> Best Regards,
> Huaimo
> ------------------------------

    Gyan>. Thank you I think that would be really helpful adding other
physical topologies other then full mesh and if you can do clos 3 tier and
leaf/spine would be great. Simplify parameter descriptions would be very
helpful.

> Thinking about it further the clos leaf spine DC style topology is much
> worse in terms of flooding due to physical topology that leafs don’t
> physical connection and are interconnected via the spine creating massive
> ECMP and overload of the spine super spine.  So the physical DC leaf spine
> topology really exacerbates the flooding due to the non full mesh nature of
> the topology.
> [HC]: You are right. The clos leaf spine topology is much worse. The
> algorithm in the draft can be used to compute FT for the clos leaf spine
> topology and reduce the number of links used for flooding significantly.
>

    Gyan> Adding the other physical would help visualize how the algorithm
works with all topologies.  In reading the draft I did not get that the
algorithm would work for clos or leaf/spine so maybe need to add verbiage
to clarify.

> With a service provider core which is typically a mesh style multi tier
> multiple concentric circles mix of full and partial mesh and hub spoke type
> physical topologies.
>
> So with flooding with full mesh every node connects with every node so you
> don’t have an overload of flooding being funneled through a super spine as
> you do with a leaf spine DC architecture.  So in a full mesh which is the
> best case scenario for flooding perspective from my point of view which
> each node as root connects to all nodes and then you can iteratively grow
> the flooding scope and it’s pretty controlled and you can limit the
> redundant flooding.  When the physical topology changes to a much more
> partially meshed the ECMP paths grow astronomically as does the flooding
> and longer convergence time.
>
> So I think in the slide deck and draft look at scenario where their is
> tremendous ECMP from partial meshing and how the flood reduction algorithm
> improves the flooding and convergence.
> [HC]: They should have more scenarios including clos spine leafs. The
> reason for not having them in the draft is that "drawing" topology of clos
> spine leaf to illustrate the algorithm in details is very hard.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Gyan
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 8:41 PM Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Huaimo
>
> Thank you for the slide deck.  That really helps understand the algorithm..
>

> I will let you know if I have any questions.
>
> The goal of the algorithm is to speed up convergence by limiting the
> convergence scope and expanding out 1 link at a time until all nodes and
> links are part of the flood scope.  From the examples in the slide deck I
> did not see mentioned what is done with the dynamic flooding algorithm
> where when you have a meshed network in the slide 5 examples, how do you
> limit the flooding on redundant links duplicate flooding with the many
> meshed paths as you iteratively grow the FT nodes scope Cq().  I believe
> with the dynamic flooding it does a degree of 2 so 2 links between nodes.
>
> I think with clos spine leaf the mesh is much more intensive and
> problematic with ECMP then a circular topology nodal mesh that results in
> duplicate redundant flooding that slows down convergence.  With spine leaf
> it’s like an X horizontal width axis and then depth is spine to leaf
> links.  With spine leaf as you grow sideways and the spine expand the
> redundant ECMP grows and redundant flooding grows exponentially and is much
> worse then circular nodal mesh.
>
> Thank you
>
> Gyan
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:05 AM Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@futurewei.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Gyan,
>
>     Thanks much for your questions. My answers/explanations are inline
> [...]

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*M 301 502-134713101 Columbia Pike *Silver Spring, MD