Hi Bruno,

please see inline:

On 07/09/2020 17:31, bruno.decra...@orange.com wrote:
Hi Peter,

From: Lsr [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Psenak
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Hi Shraddha,

On 03/09/2020 05:39, Shraddha Hegde wrote:
Peter,

In order to make the document clearer on this point, I would like the text
below to be added
to section 11 to make it explicit that setting the L-bit is valid for flex-algo
for
ISIS.

=============
Section 11.

“The ASLA TLV in ISIS supports the L-Bit as described in section 4.2 of
[draft-ietf-isis-te-app]. When the L-bit is set, applications MUST use
legacy advertisements for that link. Flex algorithm application MUST
support
sending and receiving link attributes with ASLA TLV having L-bit set.

I can add the above,

Yes please. (It's not clear to me whether "can add" means "will add" or "could
add". So better safe than sorry).

Also in §5.1:

"         1: Min Unidirectional Link Delay as defined in [RFC8570],
          section 4.2, encoded in the Application Specific Link
          Attributes Sub-TLV [I-D.ietf-isis-te-app]."

It could be read as the delay (value) needs to be encoded in the ASLA
Attributes Sub-TLV, while when the L-bit is set, the delay (value) is encoded
in the RFC8570 sub-TLV.
So in order to avoid interop issues, I'd appreciate if you could clarify.
May be :s/in/as per
Or :s/./or in the RFC8570 Sub-TLV when the ASLA L-Flag is set.
Or whatever change at your preference.

what about:

"Min Unidirectional Link Delay as defined in [RFC8570],
 section 4.2, encoded as specified in [I-D.ietf-isis-te-app]."

That covers the L-bit with delay in legacy TLV.

Then same comment for Metric-Type 2 (TE Metric), in the next sentence.

sure.

thanks,
Peter

Thank you,
Regards,
--Bruno

although, it's clear from the
draft-ietf-isis-te-app that L-bit with legacy advertisement MAY be used
for any app.

Note that earlier versions of this document did not mandate use of ASLA
TLVs
and hence may not inter-operate with early implementations that use
legacy advertisements."

it is not true that "earlier versions of this document" did not mandate
ASLA.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-00, which only
supported the include/exclude Admin Groups, clearly stated:

9.  Advertisement of Link Attributes for Flex-Algorithm

     Various link include or exclude rules can be part of the Flex-
     Algorithm definition.  These rules use Admin Groups (AG) as defined
     in [RFC7308] and [RFC5305], or Extended Administrative Groups (EAG)
     as defined in [RFC7308].

     To advertise a link affinity in a form of the AG or EAG that is used
     during Flex-Algorithm calculation, an Application Specific Link
     Attributes sub-TLV as described in [I-D.ietf-isis-te-app], or sub-TLV
     of Extended Link TLV as described in
     [I-D.ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse] MUST be used.  The advertisement
     MUST indicate that it is usable by the Flex-Algorithm application.

thanks,
Peter

Rgds
Shraddha