Ron -

Interesting proposal.

A few mundane - but I think still important - comments.

New IS-IS TLVs
--------------------

There is no need to have two TLVs for each address-family - one for MTID #0 and
one for all non-zero MTIDs. One TLV/AF will suffice.
The reason we have separate TLVs today is because MT (RFC 5120)  came along
after TLV 135/236 had been defined/deployed.
Since you have a greenfield here you can simply have one TLV/AF and allow all
MTIDs (including 0).

MTID is a 16 bit field with 4 reserved bits and 12 bits used for MTID value.
(I believe someone else pointed this out as well.)
See RFC 5120.

You should specify that the new TLVs inherit the sub-TLV space defined in
https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml#isis-tlv-codepoints-135-235-236-237

The U-bit
-------------

I appreciate that there is precedence for calling this the U-bit based on RFC
5308 - but I would prefer that you call it the D-bit.
Regardless of name, it MUST be consistent with existing usage - meaning it is
set when the prefix is leaked downwards. Currently your text says:

"U (1 bit): Set indicates up.  Clear indicates down."

This needs to be reversed.

Constraints
---------------

I think you need to speak to various constraints including (but not limited to):

1)Algorithm is limited to flex-algo values (128-255)

I don't understand why Section 6 (main part - not the sub-sections) is there.
What relevance do non-flex-algos have to this draft??

I also think the new sub-TLV would be better named "Native Flex-Algo Algorithm
Sub-TLV".
Unless you are proposing to use this sub-TLV in ways not related to flex-algo -
in which case I think you need to provide some explanation of the use case for
this.

2)How to handle advertisement of same algo both in the new Algorithm sub-TLV
and the existing SR Algorithm sub-TLV (prefer SR??)
Note that legacy routers may understand SR Algorithm Sub-TLV but not the new
one.

   Les