Robert,

On 03/03/2021 23:54, Robert Raszuk wrote:
Hi Tarek,

Yes as Tony also just indicated it is completely different game here. Headend can do whatever it likes.

But I think your point and also what Peter said earlier is to actually throw the baby with the bath water by suppressing  advertisements/flooding.

no, we are not throwing the baby. You seem to by trying to find the problem where it does not exist.

It is all subject to proper suppression tuning/timers and I think we have little experience with it (yet).

I would not say so.

Most importantly we are talking about topology wide changes so IMHO doing it on the receiving node is not an option. It must be done on sender.

at least we agree on the above.

thanks,
Peter

Receiver side suppression would be only valid if timers are hard in stone in the RFC.

Thx,
R.