Hi Aijun,

> [WAJ] We just want to avoid such silent discard behavior, especially for the
> scenario that there is BGP session run on such failure prefix.

Stuffing things in the IGP seems like a poor way of determining that there’s a
BGP failure.  Wouldn’t BFD be a more appropriate way of determining the loss of
connectivity?  Or aggressive BGP keepalive timers?

> The other side of BGP peer can quickly remove the BGP session when it
> receives such PUA message which tell it the other peer is down now. Other BGP
> peer protection procedures can then take effects on.
> The immediate notification of the failure prefix can certainly accelerate the
> switchover of BGP control plane and also the service traffic that such BGP
> session carries.

The IGP is a very poor way of delivering service liveness information.

>>> For scenarios 2, because the specified prefixes can be accessed via another
>>> ABR, then we can let this ABR to advertise the details prefixes information
>>> for the specified address, which behavior is similar with RIFT, as also
>>> mentioned in the presentation materials.
>>

>> Agreed.
>
> [WAJ] Even for this scenario, the advertisement of the detail prefixes is
> trigger also via the PUA message from other ABR.

That seems 100% unnecessary as the longer prefix will attract the traffic in
the way that you want.

Tony