From: Peter Psenak <ppse...@cisco.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 1:16 PM
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@futurewei.com>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Question about the FAD Flags Sub-TLV ( was RE: [Lsr] Looking for
feedback of using Flex Algo to advertise the 5G edge computing associated
metrics

Linda,

please see inline:

On 04/11/2021 18:17, Linda Dunbar wrote:
> Peter,
> Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.  We will move the
> content from Section 1, 2, 3 to an appendix per your suggestion.
> As for defining a new value in the Flexible Algorithm Definition Flags
> Sub-TLV, why can't we use the Metric-Type & Calc-Type to represent the
> information carried by the FAD Flags Sub-TLV?

because the Metric-Type in flex-algo is referring to link metrics, not to
prefix metrics. And Calc-Type you still wan to use SPF, don't you?

> draft-dunbar-lsr-5g-edge-compute-01 suggests to add a new value to the
> "Metric-Type" to indicate the Aggregated Cost AppMetaData Metrics
> included in computing the constrained SPF.
> Is it reasonable to use Calc-Type to indicate the options you mentioned?

no, calculation type refers to how topology is calculated, not how/which
prefix metrics is used.

thanks,
Peter