From: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 8:36 PM
To: Shraddha Hegde <shrad...@juniper.net>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Clarification on RFC 7794

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Shraddha -

In the case you mention (redistribution from another protocol), the advertised
router-id would be the ID of the originating router in the source protocol for
redistribution.
In your example, this ID would come from OSPF. However, the term "router-id"
means something different in OSPF. The corresponding identifier would come from
the OSPF "Router Address TLV" defined in RFC 3630.

I am trying to be precise here. I wasn't certain when you used the term
"redistributing router" whether you were referring to the source protocol or
the destination protocol for redistribution.

   Les