Hi Team,

I would like to know, whether in IS-IS, a system id can be 0000.0000.0000
or it is an invalid value for sys I'd ?

As per ISO 10589 a system id can be of 1 to 8 bytes long, but doesn't
mention explicitly whether SYS ID of 0000.0000.0000 could be invalid.

Also as per RFC 3784, it says System id is typically of 6 bytes, but
doesn't talk about any invalid option.

The reason I am asking this is that Juniper defines a SYS ID of
0000.0000.0000 as invalid.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/is-is/topics/concept/is-is-routing-overview.html

This can cause issues in inter-operability as some vendors like Cisco
doesn't define a SYS-ID of 0000.0000.0000 as invalid.

I would appreciate your response on this.

Regards

Jaideep Choudhary