Hi, Bruno:

I agree with your thoughts on the solutions to this questions.

Actually, this is the reason that we brought up the thread “Convergence of
Prefixes Unreachable Announcement Proposal” and I think you can review the
discussion of this thread again.

And, in the mail
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/lsr/qZ87Kjc9RdSsNpXzpOu31g1dSR0/, we have
the following statements:
“ Anyway, to make the UPA mechanism take effect, you will also require the
router be upgraded. And the “Max-Value” solution doesn’t necessarily indicate
the prefix is lost. We should announce such information explicitly.”

Whether defining a new flag or use the prefix originator information(as adopt
by
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-09#section-4)
  to indicate explicitly the prefix is unreachable can be further discussed.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom