Hi,

Thank you for publishing this document.

I have few comments about it.

#1 - While you are defining IGP extensions I think this document still
belongs in BESS WG not in LSR WG.

#2 - Injecting IPv4 sites to your IPv6 only IGP is IMO a terrible idea. BGP
overlays are used to keep core IGPs stable and lean. Networks which do not
want to run BGP in the core just use dual stack.

#3 However I do see value of general idea as expressed in this draft but
only for deployment scenario where you DO NOT inject prefixes from sites to
your IGP core and you use CSC (carrier's carrier) approach - still no BGP
in IPv6 core. That means IPv4 sites exchange IPv4 reachability over the top
and encapsulate packets to the other edge of IPv4 islands.

So for #3 I would in fact state that this is not a bad idea. But not for #2
as currently written.

Many thx,
Robert.