Hmm

I am not sure I follow what you just said.

1000s of PEs in an area ? Even if so you are worried about 1000s of
multihop BFD sessions to be handled at ABRs ?

But ABRs can be good vendor boxes and offload those 1000s of sessions to
LCs.

I was talking about PEs where they only do less then 10 multihop BFD
sessions to local area ABRs.

Please clarify.

Thx,
R.