Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5316bis-04: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5316bis/

COMMENT:

I support Alvaro's discuss.

I would like to thank Menachem for the OPSDIR review.

I also have a few minor nits for the authors to consider:

(1) p 3, sec 2.  Problem Statement

   Two methods for determining inter-AS paths are currently being
   discussed.

It was unclear what is meant by this, please clarify.  I.e., Do you mean
described in this document?  Or there is ongonig discussion in the WG?  Or ...

(2) p 5, sec 2.2.  Per-Domain Path Determination

   Suppose that the Path message enters AS2 from R3.  The next hop in
   the ERO shows AS3, and R5 must determine a path segment across AS2 to
   reach AS3.  It has a choice of three exit points from AS2 (R6, R7,
   and R8), and it needs to know which of these provide TE connectivity
   to AS3, and whether the TE connectivity (for example, available
   bandwidth) is adequate for the requested LSP.
   Alternatively, if the next hop in the ERO is the entry ASBR for AS3
   (say R9),

Should this be "an entry ASBR" rather than "the entry ASBR"?

(3) p 7, sec 3.  Extensions to ISIS-TE

     Also, two other new sub-TLVs are defined for
   inclusion in the IS-IS router capability TLV to carry the TE Router
   ID when the TE Router ID is needed to reach all routers within an
   entire IS-IS routing domain.

As a nit, I would put the last sentence above into its own paragraph.  "This
document also defines two other new sub-TLVs ..."

(4) p 8, sec 3.1.  Inter-AS Reachability TLV

   Rsvd bits MUST be zero when originated and ignored
   when received.

Perhaps "Reserved (Rsvd) bits MUST be zero ..."