Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-bfd-strict-mode-09: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-bfd-strict-mode/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-bfd-strict-mode-09
CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document. It is short, clear, and useful
(hence my YES).

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Acee Lindem for the shepherd's detailed write-up including
the WG consensus and the justification of the intended status.

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

## COMMENTS

### Section 3

Suggest to move section 3 (Local Interface IPv4 Address TLV) as a subsection of
section 4.1 (OSPFv3 IPv4 Address-Family Specifics) as, at least for me, the
reader cannot understand the use of section 3 before reading section 4.1

As I am not an OSPFv3 expert, the following question is possibly irrelevant,
but can the IPv4 address be a link-local (i.e., 169.254/16)?

### Section 4.1

```
   ... In most deployments of
   OSPFv3 IPv4 AF, it is required that BFD is used to monitor and verify
   IPv4 data plane connectivity between the routers on the link and,
   hence, the BFD session is setup using IPv4 neighbor addresses.
```

The text is a little unclear whether an IPv6 BFD session is also required.

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments