Hi, Acee and Peter:

I think you all misunderstood the intent of his scenario.
The correct understanding are the followings:
1) When aggregate route is configured in the ABR, the specified detail route
should be withdrawn.
2) ABR can withdraw the advertised LSA that describes the specific detail
route, via premature mechanism(MaxAge or LSInfinity, the former is preferred
according to RFC2328)
3) But, withdrawn such specific LSA doesn’t mean the corresponding detail route
unreachable——This destination can be reached via the aggregate route advertised
by ABR instead.

This is the original usage of LSInfinity defined in RFC2327. It should be
expanded further.

How to apply it in RFC8362 is another issue, as indicated my responses in
another thread.

In summary, again, we should constrain or depreciate the confusion usages of
LSInfinity.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom