Peter,

> > I am not sure what harm would it make to start WG adoption call on both
> > drafts and see the results.
> >
> > So far I am not seeing strong and uniform adoption support for either
> > one :)
>
> I hope you are not serious. Having two different ways of signalling the
> same thing in a protocol is hardy something you would want.

This is WC adoption call not WG last call.

Once documents are in WG, WG owns them and can merge them or improve them.
I hope LSR's mission is not just to rubber stamp the accepted drafts.

And actually I do not see sufficient and uniform support for either of them
as of today to get even to the WG doc status.

Cheers,
R.