I agree with Ketan.  This is definitely a “sin of omission” motivated by the
fact that the FRR implementation (https://github.com/FRRouting/frr) is sending
these LS Updates as multicast on all interface types other than NBMA.
I had thought this must be covered in RFC 2328 but found the case of LS Updates
retransmissions is there but this case is missing.

I also have a PR open to modify FRR ospfd.